In episode #925, we discuss whether publishing is worth the hassle. Tune in to hear if publishing has helped our careers.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is It Worth Writing a Book?
- [00:40] Eric is writing a book called, Levelling Up.
- [00:47] It’s about entrepreneurship.
- [01:15] There are many steps to publishing, the first of which is writing a proposal and pitching your book.
- [01:49] Neil has a New York Times bestseller on the market.
- [02:05] He feels it didn’t help increase his speaking fees or business. He would not publish again.
- [02:50] His book was unrelated, so he feels it would have helped to write a book that was more relevant to his business.
- [03:22] Selling books isn’t as effective as getting new visitors to your website.
- [03:43] Eric thinks Neil will come around to publishing.
- [04:50] That’s it for today!
- [05:00] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Continue listening to our podcast for further details.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...