Is Luck A Factor in Business?
In episode #1737, we explore whether luck is a factor in business. Guy Kawasaki said ‘someone once told me that the probability of an entrepreneur getting venture capital is the same as getting struck by lightning while standing at the bottom of a swimming pool on a sunny day. This may be too optimistic.’ This being said, it is wise to prepare well for those lucky breaks when they do come!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Is Luck A Factor in Business?
- [00:37] A Guy Kawasaki quote arguing for the role of luck in success.
- [01:48] Preparing well for the lucky breaks you do get.
- [03:05] The value of consistency in creating luck.
- [03:40] That is it for today!
- [04:10] Go to marketingschool.io/live to join our community!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...