In episode #971, we discuss if luck is even a thing. Tune in to hear if success is just a matter of good luck.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is Luck Even a Thing in Business?
- [00:35] Neil met Guy Kawasaki and he said he would invest in luck over anything else.
- [01:10] Jim Collins wrote a post about the “Return on Luck”.
- [01:35] Being white and upper class was a benefit to the founder of Microsoft.
- [02:00] However, there are many people who grew up that way, so why are there so few people like Bill Gates?
- [02:20] Luck is great, but you have to work hard to capitalize on it.
- [02:45] Eric grew up in a middle-class family, but has had a good deal of success.
- [03:05] There is something to be said for hard work and execution, because you can’t pick luck.
- [03:30] Eric found his partner at Clickflow through a stroke of luck (by chance).
- [04:20] Don’t worry about luck, it will just happen.
- [04:28] That’s it’s for today!
- [04:31] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....