In episode #1844, we talk about whether it is worthwhile to do mergers and acquisitions. The first thing to remember is that all M&A refers to is buying businesses, meaning it can be done on any scale and is therefore in most business owners’ reach. Today we cover how to vet a new business before buying it and what to expect once you are merging it into your one.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Is M&A a Reliable Growth Channel?
- [00:26] Understanding more about M&A and how it is not out of your reach.
- [00:45] Looking for businesses that are in your niche with a different offer to yours.
- [01:46] Buying businesses with a similar OS to the one you use.
- [03:21] Being disciplined and focusing on one merger/acquisition at a time.
- [03:34] Keeping the management team in place for as long as possible.
- [03:55] The typical fail and churn rate for a merger or acquisition.
- [04:41] That’s it for today!
- [04:42] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at http://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....