In episode #1844, we talk about whether it is worthwhile to do mergers and acquisitions. The first thing to remember is that all M&A refers to is buying businesses, meaning it can be done on any scale and is therefore in most business owners’ reach. Today we cover how to vet a new business before buying it and what to expect once you are merging it into your one.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Is M&A a Reliable Growth Channel?
- [00:26] Understanding more about M&A and how it is not out of your reach.
- [00:45] Looking for businesses that are in your niche with a different offer to yours.
- [01:46] Buying businesses with a similar OS to the one you use.
- [03:21] Being disciplined and focusing on one merger/acquisition at a time.
- [03:34] Keeping the management team in place for as long as possible.
- [03:55] The typical fail and churn rate for a merger or acquisition.
- [04:41] That’s it for today!
- [04:42] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...