In episode #904, we discuss whether marketing is actually an engineering problem. Tune in to hear our verdict.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is Marketing Really Just Marketing?
- [00:40] There is someone from Pinterest who talks about how everything is just an engineering problem.
- [00:50] Isn’t marketing just another engineering problem?
- [01:14] Who would be better at marketing: a person or a machine?
- [01:35] Marketers are also the people that come up with ways to automate marketing.
- [02:10] If you look at Google, it was created by Engineers.
- [02:25] Engineers are the ones solving a lot of problems.
- [02:35] People that are running marketing nowadays are “growth hackers”.
- [03:00] Dropbox grew through a referral program.
- [03:30] Eric and Neil need Engineers to help them with their marketing solutions.
- [04:20] Marketing is really just an engineering problem.
- [05:15] How can someone learn to be more creative?
- [05:30] Draw inspiration from different areas/industries.
- [05:48] That’s it for today!
- [05:52] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...