In episode #904, we discuss whether marketing is actually an engineering problem. Tune in to hear our verdict.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is Marketing Really Just Marketing?
- [00:40] There is someone from Pinterest who talks about how everything is just an engineering problem.
- [00:50] Isn’t marketing just another engineering problem?
- [01:14] Who would be better at marketing: a person or a machine?
- [01:35] Marketers are also the people that come up with ways to automate marketing.
- [02:10] If you look at Google, it was created by Engineers.
- [02:25] Engineers are the ones solving a lot of problems.
- [02:35] People that are running marketing nowadays are “growth hackers”.
- [03:00] Dropbox grew through a referral program.
- [03:30] Eric and Neil need Engineers to help them with their marketing solutions.
- [04:20] Marketing is really just an engineering problem.
- [05:15] How can someone learn to be more creative?
- [05:30] Draw inspiration from different areas/industries.
- [05:48] That’s it for today!
- [05:52] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...