In Episode #346, Eric and Neil discuss whether public speaking is worth it. Tune in to find out the benefits of public speaking, such as networking and increasing your brand awareness. Eric and Neil also discuss what they aim for whenever they participate in a speaking engagement.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is Public Speaking Worth It?
- 00:50 – Neil was 20 years old when he started public speaking
- 01:14 – Speaking consistently within your space will eventually drive a business
- 01:26 – The content should be advanced
- 01:45 – You can get better offers if you’re a public speaker
- 02:01 – Eric was in Amsterdam a month ago and he talked with other public speakers
- 02:12 – Having a network of public speakers is a benefit for Eric
- 02:27 – The right people can introduce you to other people
- 02:38 – Public speaking is a great way to connect with people
- 02:50 – Eric will always aim for 1 good connection in every public speaking event that he does
- 03:00 – Neil observed that speaking outside of your country can get you better results
- 04:40 – “There’s a much higher ROI speaking in smaller markets that aren’t as competitive”
- 04:48 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Speaking consistently can help build your brand.
- Your content should be invaluable and well-prepared for your audience.
- Growing your network and increasing your brand awareness are some of the benefits of public speaking.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...