In Episode #346, Eric and Neil discuss whether public speaking is worth it. Tune in to find out the benefits of public speaking, such as networking and increasing your brand awareness. Eric and Neil also discuss what they aim for whenever they participate in a speaking engagement.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is Public Speaking Worth It?
- 00:50 – Neil was 20 years old when he started public speaking
- 01:14 – Speaking consistently within your space will eventually drive a business
- 01:26 – The content should be advanced
- 01:45 – You can get better offers if you’re a public speaker
- 02:01 – Eric was in Amsterdam a month ago and he talked with other public speakers
- 02:12 – Having a network of public speakers is a benefit for Eric
- 02:27 – The right people can introduce you to other people
- 02:38 – Public speaking is a great way to connect with people
- 02:50 – Eric will always aim for 1 good connection in every public speaking event that he does
- 03:00 – Neil observed that speaking outside of your country can get you better results
- 04:40 – “There’s a much higher ROI speaking in smaller markets that aren’t as competitive”
- 04:48 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Speaking consistently can help build your brand.
- Your content should be invaluable and well-prepared for your audience.
- Growing your network and increasing your brand awareness are some of the benefits of public speaking.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...