In Episode #186, Eric and Neil discuss if Twitter is still worth using. Tune in to find out if Twitter is really dead and what alternatives you can use to effectively increase your traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is Twitter Still Worth Using?
- 00:35 – Eric doesn’t use Twitter to engage with people
- 00:46 – Eric searches Twitter to find out what people are looking for on this platform
- 01:00 – Eric follows venture capitalists, founders, and SEOs
- 01:11 – Twitbot’s integration is useful for Eric to read news later
- 02:00 – “I wouldn’t use Twitter. It’s dead.”
- 02:27 – Neil’s number of followers is much bigger than the traffic he’s getting
- 02:47 – Neil’s Facebook traffic is 244K from his fan page
- 03:10 – Neil’s Twitter traffic is just 2% of his followers while he gets 38% traffic from Facebook
- 04:43 – Twitter is a waste of time to generate traffic
- 04:51 – Twitter is still relevant for content ideas
- 05:00 – You can now livestream for your Twitter app
- 05:28 – “Facebook is crushing everyone now with Instagram and Facebook live”
- 05:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Twitter still has its benefits and one of them is their search feature.
- Twitter is NOT the most advantageous platform to generate traffic—Facebook is.
- Facebook is crushing everyone with Instagram and Facebook live.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...