In Episode #186, Eric and Neil discuss if Twitter is still worth using. Tune in to find out if Twitter is really dead and what alternatives you can use to effectively increase your traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is Twitter Still Worth Using?
- 00:35 – Eric doesn’t use Twitter to engage with people
- 00:46 – Eric searches Twitter to find out what people are looking for on this platform
- 01:00 – Eric follows venture capitalists, founders, and SEOs
- 01:11 – Twitbot’s integration is useful for Eric to read news later
- 02:00 – “I wouldn’t use Twitter. It’s dead.”
- 02:27 – Neil’s number of followers is much bigger than the traffic he’s getting
- 02:47 – Neil’s Facebook traffic is 244K from his fan page
- 03:10 – Neil’s Twitter traffic is just 2% of his followers while he gets 38% traffic from Facebook
- 04:43 – Twitter is a waste of time to generate traffic
- 04:51 – Twitter is still relevant for content ideas
- 05:00 – You can now livestream for your Twitter app
- 05:28 – “Facebook is crushing everyone now with Instagram and Facebook live”
- 05:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Twitter still has its benefits and one of them is their search feature.
- Twitter is NOT the most advantageous platform to generate traffic—Facebook is.
- Facebook is crushing everyone with Instagram and Facebook live.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2103, we talk about how we'd grow our podcast to five million downloads per month in the future. After the last few years of amazing growth, we are so excited about where we might be heade...
In episode #2102, we talk about how to screen for SEO talent in 2022! When building the best team that you can, you need a good process to vet potential hires and we are here to make this just a littl...
In episode #2101, Neil and Eric talk about what to do if you’re on the verge of bankruptcy. It’s okay to fail and try new things, and bankruptcy shouldn’t be associated with shame or stigma. Tun...