In Episode #186, Eric and Neil discuss if Twitter is still worth using. Tune in to find out if Twitter is really dead and what alternatives you can use to effectively increase your traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is Twitter Still Worth Using?
- 00:35 – Eric doesn’t use Twitter to engage with people
- 00:46 – Eric searches Twitter to find out what people are looking for on this platform
- 01:00 – Eric follows venture capitalists, founders, and SEOs
- 01:11 – Twitbot’s integration is useful for Eric to read news later
- 02:00 – “I wouldn’t use Twitter. It’s dead.”
- 02:27 – Neil’s number of followers is much bigger than the traffic he’s getting
- 02:47 – Neil’s Facebook traffic is 244K from his fan page
- 03:10 – Neil’s Twitter traffic is just 2% of his followers while he gets 38% traffic from Facebook
- 04:43 – Twitter is a waste of time to generate traffic
- 04:51 – Twitter is still relevant for content ideas
- 05:00 – You can now livestream for your Twitter app
- 05:28 – “Facebook is crushing everyone now with Instagram and Facebook live”
- 05:39 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Twitter still has its benefits and one of them is their search feature.
- Twitter is NOT the most advantageous platform to generate traffic—Facebook is.
- Facebook is crushing everyone with Instagram and Facebook live.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1299, we discuss how Donald Trump spent over $19 million on Facebook advertising in 2019! This huge amount of money, that dwarfs the democratic budget, is symptomatic of the current media ...
In episode #1298, we share seven trends in the software as a service space! From free tools and customer experience improvement to thought leadership and the move towards platforms, following these tr...
In episode #1297, we ask what works better for affiliates, niche content or general news? There are a number of different routes you can take with your affiliate marketing, from very general to very n...