In episode #1829, we talk about the new Google updates, the effects they have had on traffic across the board, and what you can do about this. While algorithm changes have knocked the traffic of almost all industries, the more diverse your traffic sources are, the less affected you will be. Tune in and hear more about this and other strategies for keeping afloat in the changing landscape of SEO.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: It’s Not Just You, Everyone’s Web Traffic Is Down.
- [00:36] The Google update and how this has affected traffic.
- [01:19] A deeper dive into the traffic drops and rises different industries are seeing.
- [02:12] Diversifying the sources of your traffic to safeguard yourself.
- [02:47] What to do if your traffic is down.
- [02:48] Tweaking title tags, checking for cannibalization, and updating old content.
- [03:18] Playing with leading, consolidating, and upgrading content.
- [03:49] While traffic is dipping, conversion rates are climbing.
- [04:27] Optimizing for everything: conversions, funnels, and sales teams.
- [04:50] That’s it for today!
- [04:51] Go to marketingschool.io/live to get access to our virtual and live events.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...