In episode #2112, we share the key lessons we have learned from running marketing agencies. After so many years in the marketing game, we have both learned a number of very important lessons that we did not know when we first started out. Tune in to hear us talk about the power of conferences, alignment, hiring practices, and much more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Key Lessons Neil & Eric Have Learned From Running Marketing Agencies.
- [00:28] Looking back at our first agencies almost 20 years ago, and our more recent ventures.
- [01:14] The importance of hiring personnel with experience!
- [01:39] Why focus can trump jumping on the newest trends.
- [02:30] Niching down from an early stage.
- [02:55] Why you cannot help every person, and the importance of alignment.
- [03:33] How conferences can help you find great clients!
- [04:39] Escaping a ‘salesy’ image and prioritizing being helpful.
- [06:01] That is it for today!
- [06:03] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our next event!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
- Aligning Vectors: How To Scale A Business
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...