In episode #2112, we share the key lessons we have learned from running marketing agencies. After so many years in the marketing game, we have both learned a number of very important lessons that we did not know when we first started out. Tune in to hear us talk about the power of conferences, alignment, hiring practices, and much more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Key Lessons Neil & Eric Have Learned From Running Marketing Agencies.
- [00:28] Looking back at our first agencies almost 20 years ago, and our more recent ventures.
- [01:14] The importance of hiring personnel with experience!
- [01:39] Why focus can trump jumping on the newest trends.
- [02:30] Niching down from an early stage.
- [02:55] Why you cannot help every person, and the importance of alignment.
- [03:33] How conferences can help you find great clients!
- [04:39] Escaping a ‘salesy’ image and prioritizing being helpful.
- [06:01] That is it for today!
- [06:03] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our next event!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
- Aligning Vectors: How To Scale A Business
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...