In episode #530, Eric and Neil tell you the real secret about how to raise your Google ranking. Tune in to hear the honest truth that other marketers won’t tell you.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Learn the Real Secret to Ranking on Page 1 (and What Most Marketers Won’t Tell You)
- [00:37] Eric and Neil rank for a number of keywords or terms.
- [01:08] When trying to rank for those terms, they did not create pages specifically for them.
- [01:25] Eric has created hundreds of pages for Single Grain, but the majority do not rank well; it’s a quantity game.
- [01:34] There was no difference between the pages that ranked and those that did not.
- [01:47] Neil and Eric create a massive amount of content, because it’s a hit or miss game.There is no guarantee that the content will be a hit.
- [02:31] For the posts that rank, they have a process that involves Google Search Console.
- [02:56] Step 1: Install Google Search Console.
- [03:08] Step 2: Go to the Search Analytics section.
- [03:17] Step 3: Click on three buttons/check boxes on the top left (“CTR”, “Impressions”, and “Clicks”).
- [03:36] Step 4: Click on the radio button for “Pages”.
- [03:47] You want to see the pages that have a high impression count, but a low click-through rate.
- [04:17] Low click-through rates are the low-hanging fruit you want to optimize.
- [04:26] By changing the titles of these, it can help you change your click-through rate.
- [04:50] So, create a lot of content, see what performs the best in Google Search Console, go in and fine-tune your content (make it super detailed and try to maximize the traffic you can get from them.
- [05:15] No one knows why some pages rank and others don’t. That’s the big secret!
- [05:33] If you want the most traffic, you need to focus on quantity.
- [05:42] Write at least one article per day and don’t overlap your topics.
- [06:02] They built ClickFlow to help you manage the Google Search Console process.
- [06:26] Focus on creating quality content in mass quantities; over time, Google will start to see your site as an authority, which will cause your domain authority rise, and whenever you write new content, it becomes easier to rank.
- [07:10] Make sure you go after keywords that monetize.
- [07:27] That’s it for today!
- [07:29] Go to singlegrain.com/giveaway if you want to get in on a special giveaway opportunity!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...