In Episode #480, Eric and Neil discuss link building techniques that will become more risky in 2018. Tune in to know which strategies will still work for you and why you should always implement long-term plays into your marketing strategy.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Link-Building Techniques that Will Become More Risky in 2018
- 00:45 – PBNs or private blog networks still work but have their risks
- 00:54 – Google has had a difficult time catching PBNs
- 01:33 – Guest posting is great but won’t be as effective as it once was
- 01:56 – Google will know when a contributor posts
- 02:21 – Linking spam will continue to lose its value
- 02:54 – Do content marketing the RIGHT way so you can scale up
- 03:20 – Anything that is quick and easy will NOT last
- 03:37 – Focus on your long-term strategy—this will help you grow the audience that will link to you
- 04:00 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial for Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:02 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 04:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Google is continuously improving how well they track and catch PBNs.
- Content marketing is a long-term play and if done right, will gain you the audience that will link to you.
- Marketing plays will change significantly in 2018.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...
Neil and Eric talk about what you can learn from American football coach Deion Sanders on brand building and influencer marketing TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...