In Episode #480, Eric and Neil discuss link building techniques that will become more risky in 2018. Tune in to know which strategies will still work for you and why you should always implement long-term plays into your marketing strategy.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Link-Building Techniques that Will Become More Risky in 2018
- 00:45 – PBNs or private blog networks still work but have their risks
- 00:54 – Google has had a difficult time catching PBNs
- 01:33 – Guest posting is great but won’t be as effective as it once was
- 01:56 – Google will know when a contributor posts
- 02:21 – Linking spam will continue to lose its value
- 02:54 – Do content marketing the RIGHT way so you can scale up
- 03:20 – Anything that is quick and easy will NOT last
- 03:37 – Focus on your long-term strategy—this will help you grow the audience that will link to you
- 04:00 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial for Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:02 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 04:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Google is continuously improving how well they track and catch PBNs.
- Content marketing is a long-term play and if done right, will gain you the audience that will link to you.
- Marketing plays will change significantly in 2018.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...