In Episode #181, Eric and Neil discuss what kind of videos you should be creating when doing live streaming. They also delve into what interests viewers in terms of content and how you should carry yourself in your videos. Tune in to get some practical advice on how to connect with your viewers and make those conversions—in other words, how to make a successful video.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Live Streaming 101: What Kind of Videos Should You Be Creating?
- 00:40 – “Behind the scenes” videos are always a way to get people watching
- 01:03 – Second, do a Q&A as it builds relationship and interaction with the viewers
- 01:20 – Third, try to do an interview—perhaps an impromptu interview
- 01:30 – With Facebook live, you can also invite others to join your live stream
- 01:40 – Fourth, check Gary Vaynerchuk and his short clips of advice and try to mimic him
- 01:52 – Make sure it is general advice related to your audience, that will really help them
- 02:15 – Fifth, do a product or service demo
- 02:35 – Think of the value first
- 02:45 – Sixth, share personal stuff that isn’t always positive
- 03:21 – People can relate to it and learn from it
- 03:42 – Seventh, treat your live stream as a webinar
- 03:48 – Use Wirecast to simultaneously be online on several online platforms
- 04:43 – Just be careful in showing recorded videos live because some people may not like that
- 05:03 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Be more open and transparent – it builds trust and goodwill with your viewers.
- People love “behind the scenes” videos and appreciate seeing the whole picture of your experience.
- Always plan and prepare, in advance, what you will share on live streaming – be sure it is valuable and helpful to your viewers.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...