In episode #759, Eric and Neil discuss easy SEO tactics. Tune in to hear some of the easiest things you can do to improve your traffic.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Low Hanging Fruit – SEO Tactics That Easy And Effective
- [00:40] Make the most of what you have already.
- [01:25] Upgrade posts and content.
- [01:45] Remove the dates from URLs.
- [01:55] Making URLs more generic is beneficial for your Google ranking.
- [02:33] Shorten URLs to increase your traffic.
- [02:57] Neil has deleted content before.
- [03:15] Pruning your content could negatively affect your traffic.
- [03:57] When pruning, look at what the post is doing for you. If it isn’t performing well, it won’t hurt to delete, but it’s better to fix what’s there.
- [04:45] Speed up your site.
- [04:50] GTMetrix will help you see how fast your site is.
- [05:08] You may find that there are useless tags slowing down your load times.
- [05:28] The best hack is building a brand.
- [05:37] This is the most reliable long-term tactic.
- [06:15] That’s it for today!
- [06:19] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...