In episode #759, Eric and Neil discuss easy SEO tactics. Tune in to hear some of the easiest things you can do to improve your traffic.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Low Hanging Fruit – SEO Tactics That Easy And Effective
- [00:40] Make the most of what you have already.
- [01:25] Upgrade posts and content.
- [01:45] Remove the dates from URLs.
- [01:55] Making URLs more generic is beneficial for your Google ranking.
- [02:33] Shorten URLs to increase your traffic.
- [02:57] Neil has deleted content before.
- [03:15] Pruning your content could negatively affect your traffic.
- [03:57] When pruning, look at what the post is doing for you. If it isn’t performing well, it won’t hurt to delete, but it’s better to fix what’s there.
- [04:45] Speed up your site.
- [04:50] GTMetrix will help you see how fast your site is.
- [05:08] You may find that there are useless tags slowing down your load times.
- [05:28] The best hack is building a brand.
- [05:37] This is the most reliable long-term tactic.
- [06:15] That’s it for today!
- [06:19] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...