In episode #621, Eric and Neil explain how marketers are full of shit. Tune in to hear how you can decipher a bullshitter from a talented marketer.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Marketers Are Full of Shit
- [00:34] Marketers always talk a big game, but their results speak for themselves.
- [01:08] When hiring marketers, make sure whatever they claim to have done is backed up by proof.
- [01:45] Eric’s friend had to fire his marketing guy, because the marketer used up too many resources.
- [02:16] You must absolutely require proof of success and pay them for a trial period (run a series of paid tests).
- [02:48] Always test out a working relationship before you pull the trigger.
- [03:20] Neil doesn’t care what your title is, he is only focused on efficacy and results.
- [03:43] Eric and Neil can easily provide proof of their results.
- [04:05] “What is the most impressive win of your marketing career thus far?” is Eric’s favorite interview question. Once you start pressing for details, you can tell whether a candidate is lying.
- [04:40] Neil likes to show candidates his website and ask what they would do to fix any issues.
- [05:05] This is a great way to see if they can think on their feet or improve upon anything. It shows you if they know what they are talking about.
- [05:41] That’s all for today!
- [05:43] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #630, Eric and Neil explain how successful marketers think. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to become a more successful marketer....
In episode #629, Eric and Neil Discuss how to get started in SEO. Tune in to hear what’s changed and how you can get a successful start doing SEO....
In episode #628, Eric and Neil have a 6-ish minute chat about planning for the long-term. Tune in to hear why you should always focus on long-term goals and solutions....