In episode #621, Eric and Neil explain how marketers are full of shit. Tune in to hear how you can decipher a bullshitter from a talented marketer.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Marketers Are Full of Shit
- [00:34] Marketers always talk a big game, but their results speak for themselves.
- [01:08] When hiring marketers, make sure whatever they claim to have done is backed up by proof.
- [01:45] Eric’s friend had to fire his marketing guy, because the marketer used up too many resources.
- [02:16] You must absolutely require proof of success and pay them for a trial period (run a series of paid tests).
- [02:48] Always test out a working relationship before you pull the trigger.
- [03:20] Neil doesn’t care what your title is, he is only focused on efficacy and results.
- [03:43] Eric and Neil can easily provide proof of their results.
- [04:05] “What is the most impressive win of your marketing career thus far?” is Eric’s favorite interview question. Once you start pressing for details, you can tell whether a candidate is lying.
- [04:40] Neil likes to show candidates his website and ask what they would do to fix any issues.
- [05:05] This is a great way to see if they can think on their feet or improve upon anything. It shows you if they know what they are talking about.
- [05:41] That’s all for today!
- [05:43] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...