In episode #1997, Neil and Eric talk about how marketing is getting harder, and what to do about it. With paid ads becoming increasingly expensive and the saturation of the digital marketplace, it’s become more difficult than ever to stand out amongst the noise. Tune in to learn about the steps you can take to succeed in a crowded market!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Marketing Is Getting Harder. Here’s What to Do About It.
- [00:27] Some of the ways that marketing is becoming more difficult.
- [01:10] Why you need to be willing to experiment.
- [02:16] How experimenting led to success for the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz.
- [02:42] How HubSpot acquired The Hustle, a media startup, and leveraged it as part of their marketing strategy.
- [03:42] Why we look for acquisitions that can solve particular problems and benefit us in the long run.
- [05:18] That’s it for today!
- [03:24] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to rate, review, and subscribe!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Andreessen Horowitz
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...