In episode #1997, Neil and Eric talk about how marketing is getting harder, and what to do about it. With paid ads becoming increasingly expensive and the saturation of the digital marketplace, it’s become more difficult than ever to stand out amongst the noise. Tune in to learn about the steps you can take to succeed in a crowded market!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Marketing Is Getting Harder. Here’s What to Do About It.
- [00:27] Some of the ways that marketing is becoming more difficult.
- [01:10] Why you need to be willing to experiment.
- [02:16] How experimenting led to success for the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz.
- [02:42] How HubSpot acquired The Hustle, a media startup, and leveraged it as part of their marketing strategy.
- [03:42] Why we look for acquisitions that can solve particular problems and benefit us in the long run.
- [05:18] That’s it for today!
- [03:24] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to rate, review, and subscribe!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Andreessen Horowitz
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...