In Episode #387, Eric and Neil discuss marketing lessons you can gain from watching classic infomercials. Tune in to discover the similarities between infomercials and regular marketing tactics. You’ll also find out how infomercials have become so effective in their niche.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Marketing Lessons from Classic Infomercials
- 00:35 – Neil remembers an infomercial he watched from OxiClean
- 00:50 – Neil learns about infomercials from his friend Ryan Deiss, who is a copywriter
- 01:04 – Ryan learned how to write copy from his childhood experiences
- 01:23 – Infomercial is about timing
- 01:30 – Most are run at night and target females
- 01:44 – “If you want to do any type of marketing, you have to target the right type of people”
- 02:10 – Eric remembers the P90X infomercial which encourages you to work towards a great body
- 02:36 – Being direct and to the point is what Eric has learned from infomercials
- 02:48 – Eric also remembers the Shake Weight infomercial which was quite comical
- 03:14 – Include bonuses and employ scarcity tactics so that people take action
- 03:36 – It’s also expensive for infomercials to gain users; just like regular marketing in that you can lose money
- 03:46 – In any marketing offer, make sure you have back end offers; an upsell and cross-sell
- 03:55 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool that maximizes your conversion and is easy to use
- 04:30 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:40 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- An effective infomercial is about targeting the right market at the right time.
- It costs a lot to create an advertisement, so make sure you have back end offers so you’re not losing money.
- Most effective infomercials have catchy headlines and are straight to the point.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2143, Neil and Eric unpack how big tech companies are laying people off right now and whether it’s a sign of things to come. Tuning in you’ll learn about the companies that are current...
In episode #2142, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire content creators (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) Influencer prices have gone up by staggering amounts and you may not be able to afford the on...
In episode #2141, Neil and Eric talk about their weird habits that triple productivity. Learn why Neil doesn’t go to bed without having read all his emails, even if he’s traveling, and why he does...