In Episode #387, Eric and Neil discuss marketing lessons you can gain from watching classic infomercials. Tune in to discover the similarities between infomercials and regular marketing tactics. You’ll also find out how infomercials have become so effective in their niche.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Marketing Lessons from Classic Infomercials
- 00:35 – Neil remembers an infomercial he watched from OxiClean
- 00:50 – Neil learns about infomercials from his friend Ryan Deiss, who is a copywriter
- 01:04 – Ryan learned how to write copy from his childhood experiences
- 01:23 – Infomercial is about timing
- 01:30 – Most are run at night and target females
- 01:44 – “If you want to do any type of marketing, you have to target the right type of people”
- 02:10 – Eric remembers the P90X infomercial which encourages you to work towards a great body
- 02:36 – Being direct and to the point is what Eric has learned from infomercials
- 02:48 – Eric also remembers the Shake Weight infomercial which was quite comical
- 03:14 – Include bonuses and employ scarcity tactics so that people take action
- 03:36 – It’s also expensive for infomercials to gain users; just like regular marketing in that you can lose money
- 03:46 – In any marketing offer, make sure you have back end offers; an upsell and cross-sell
- 03:55 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool that maximizes your conversion and is easy to use
- 04:30 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:40 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- An effective infomercial is about targeting the right market at the right time.
- It costs a lot to create an advertisement, so make sure you have back end offers so you’re not losing money.
- Most effective infomercials have catchy headlines and are straight to the point.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...