In episode #2271, Neil and Eric talk about marketing lessons learned from Amazon. In our conversation, we discuss the different things that Amazon does that most people don’t think about and how these decisions have benefitted the company. Discover why putting your customers first is so radical, the unexpected benefits of offering more products and services, and how these lessons have made Amazon the giant it is today!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Marketing Lessons Learned From Amazon.
- [00:25] How having more products and services impacts your traffic and revenue.
- [01:13] Why Amazon is arguably the most customer-centric company in the world.
- [01:33] Amazon’s repeated investment in its own business ventures.
- [02:25] Why Amazon is willing to lose money in the short term.
- [03:53] Once your audience is big enough, you are essentially an ad company.
- [04:36] Why transparency is such a powerful marketing tool.
- [05:23] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast!
- [05:29] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...