In episode #1979, Eric and Neil share a few marketing tales that haven’t been heard on this show before. Neil speaks about many of his creative SEO hacks as a youngster and Eric weighs in on his experiments with affiliate sites. While these early efforts from our hosts are interesting and generated quick success for them, none of them had any lasting power. The moral of the story: slow and steady wins the race!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Marketing Stories We’ve Never Shared Before.
- [00:25] Shortcuts Neil took such as converting a battlefield site into an online casino.
- [02:44] The moral of Neil’s stories: slow and steady wins the race!
- [03:09] How Eric is using his network to grow his LinkedIn reach.
- [04:12] Two of Eric’s experiences building affiliate sites and what he learned.
- [06:19] That’s it for today!
- [06:20] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to apply for our next event in Austin, Texas!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...