In episode #1979, Eric and Neil share a few marketing tales that haven’t been heard on this show before. Neil speaks about many of his creative SEO hacks as a youngster and Eric weighs in on his experiments with affiliate sites. While these early efforts from our hosts are interesting and generated quick success for them, none of them had any lasting power. The moral of the story: slow and steady wins the race!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Marketing Stories We’ve Never Shared Before.
- [00:25] Shortcuts Neil took such as converting a battlefield site into an online casino.
- [02:44] The moral of Neil’s stories: slow and steady wins the race!
- [03:09] How Eric is using his network to grow his LinkedIn reach.
- [04:12] Two of Eric’s experiences building affiliate sites and what he learned.
- [06:19] That’s it for today!
- [06:20] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to apply for our next event in Austin, Texas!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...