In episode #1090, we offer a clip from Eric’s conversation with Yaniv from our Marketing School Live event.
Tune in to hear them discuss Yaniv’s method for success.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:52] Today’s Topic: A Conversation with Yaniv from Nextiva
- [01:30] Nextiva’s core product is a business phone system.
- [01:50] They have a team of over a thousand people and compete with large companies all over the world.
- [02:06] They are making over $170 Million in annual revenue.
- [04:26] Affiliates are a big part of their business.
- [05:41] It’s a great way to put content out on high-domain-authority sites.
- [06:08] Being relentless is the thing that made Nextiva the success that it is.
- [07:50] When hiring, Yaniv focuses on three principles.
- [07:55] Hire people who are great at what they do.
- [08:26] Surround yourself with “doers”.
- [09:12] Don’t hire assholes.
- [10:02] Disney used to test people before the interview even began.
- [13:15] Nextiva launches products fairly often.
- [13:30] People don’t often leverage a LinkedIn takeover: simple video posts from your whole team on the same day.
- [14:45] Gaetano DiNardi has mastered the art of engaging, viral posts.
- [15:40] Monthly, Nextiva spends half a million dollars on Ad Words.
- [16:11] Yaniv encourages the use of exit pop-ups.
- [19:33] The top complaint most employees have is poor communication.
- [20:01] So, Nextiva set out to fix that problem.
- [20:46] They realized people hate emails and reading, so they created a weekly video update.
- [23:24] The best part of Nextiva’s landing pages are reviews of the company being compared to their competitors.
- [24:22] Cameo is the best new tool that Yaniv has added to his workflow.
- [28:32] Yaniv does all his work on his iPad Pro.
- [30:20] Yaniv gets better at marketing by surrounding himself with other smart marketers.
- [30:38] He finds LinkedIn to be a great resource for articles and insights.
- [31:10] That’s it for today!
- [31:16] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...