In episode #1090, we offer a clip from Eric’s conversation with Yaniv from our Marketing School Live event.
Tune in to hear them discuss Yaniv’s method for success.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:52] Today’s Topic: A Conversation with Yaniv from Nextiva
- [01:30] Nextiva’s core product is a business phone system.
- [01:50] They have a team of over a thousand people and compete with large companies all over the world.
- [02:06] They are making over $170 Million in annual revenue.
- [04:26] Affiliates are a big part of their business.
- [05:41] It’s a great way to put content out on high-domain-authority sites.
- [06:08] Being relentless is the thing that made Nextiva the success that it is.
- [07:50] When hiring, Yaniv focuses on three principles.
- [07:55] Hire people who are great at what they do.
- [08:26] Surround yourself with “doers”.
- [09:12] Don’t hire assholes.
- [10:02] Disney used to test people before the interview even began.
- [13:15] Nextiva launches products fairly often.
- [13:30] People don’t often leverage a LinkedIn takeover: simple video posts from your whole team on the same day.
- [14:45] Gaetano DiNardi has mastered the art of engaging, viral posts.
- [15:40] Monthly, Nextiva spends half a million dollars on Ad Words.
- [16:11] Yaniv encourages the use of exit pop-ups.
- [19:33] The top complaint most employees have is poor communication.
- [20:01] So, Nextiva set out to fix that problem.
- [20:46] They realized people hate emails and reading, so they created a weekly video update.
- [23:24] The best part of Nextiva’s landing pages are reviews of the company being compared to their competitors.
- [24:22] Cameo is the best new tool that Yaniv has added to his workflow.
- [28:32] Yaniv does all his work on his iPad Pro.
- [30:20] Yaniv gets better at marketing by surrounding himself with other smart marketers.
- [30:38] He finds LinkedIn to be a great resource for articles and insights.
- [31:10] That’s it for today!
- [31:16] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...