In episode #1842, Neil and Eric talk about the biggest mistakes they made while growing their agencies, and along the way they give a few tips for how to do things correctly. Our hosts touch on hiring, focus, leadership, relationships, education, marketing, and a whole lot more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Mistakes That Neil and Eric Made While Growing Their Agencies.
- [00:29] Avoiding an overly casual approach to managing people.
- [01:14] Realizing the importance of relationships for building a business.
- [01:47] The value of a broad base of the right types of clients.
- [02:17] Hiring people who have done what you need before.
- [02:25] The best ways to get new customers in Neil’s opinion.
- [02:51] Focusing and drilling down on your central offer.
- [03:25] Using the correct hiring methods.
- [03:41] Doing M&A when you are further down the road.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:21] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...