In episode #1842, Neil and Eric talk about the biggest mistakes they made while growing their agencies, and along the way they give a few tips for how to do things correctly. Our hosts touch on hiring, focus, leadership, relationships, education, marketing, and a whole lot more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Mistakes That Neil and Eric Made While Growing Their Agencies.
- [00:29] Avoiding an overly casual approach to managing people.
- [01:14] Realizing the importance of relationships for building a business.
- [01:47] The value of a broad base of the right types of clients.
- [02:17] Hiring people who have done what you need before.
- [02:25] The best ways to get new customers in Neil’s opinion.
- [02:51] Focusing and drilling down on your central offer.
- [03:25] Using the correct hiring methods.
- [03:41] Doing M&A when you are further down the road.
- [05:20] That’s it for today!
- [05:21] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at http://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....