In episode #1843, Neil and Eric speak to the biggest mistakes they have made while growing their software. Some of the main lessons our hosts learned include picking software with a large TAM and small churn rate, optimizing for customer development, and more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Mistakes That Neil and Eric Made While Growing Their Software.
- [01:18] The danger of selling software with a small TAM and big churn.
- [01:51] Doing customer development and remembering not to undercharge.
- [02:58] Using the freemium model and having good onboarding.
- [03:57] Continuously iterating and making your product better.
- [04:05] Remembering to vet employees and have a focused offer.
- [04:41] That’s it for today!
- [04:42] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at http://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....