In episode #1843, Neil and Eric speak to the biggest mistakes they have made while growing their software. Some of the main lessons our hosts learned include picking software with a large TAM and small churn rate, optimizing for customer development, and more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Mistakes That Neil and Eric Made While Growing Their Software.
- [01:18] The danger of selling software with a small TAM and big churn.
- [01:51] Doing customer development and remembering not to undercharge.
- [02:58] Using the freemium model and having good onboarding.
- [03:57] Continuously iterating and making your product better.
- [04:05] Remembering to vet employees and have a focused offer.
- [04:41] That’s it for today!
- [04:42] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...