In episode #1843, Neil and Eric speak to the biggest mistakes they have made while growing their software. Some of the main lessons our hosts learned include picking software with a large TAM and small churn rate, optimizing for customer development, and more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Mistakes That Neil and Eric Made While Growing Their Software.
- [01:18] The danger of selling software with a small TAM and big churn.
- [01:51] Doing customer development and remembering not to undercharge.
- [02:58] Using the freemium model and having good onboarding.
- [03:57] Continuously iterating and making your product better.
- [04:05] Remembering to vet employees and have a focused offer.
- [04:41] That’s it for today!
- [04:42] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...