In episode #792, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do when your content marketing isn’t getting you any traffic or sales. Tune in to hear how you can turn things around.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topics: My Content Marketing Isn’t Working. What Should I Do?
- [00:40] When Eric joined Singlegrain, their traffic was flat.
- [01:03] They audited their work and found the articles were low-quality and the algorithm wasn’t picking anything up in their content.
- [01:52] There are two camps: Blogger with no traffic, blogger with traffic but no sales.
- [02:10] If you don’t have traffic, try using SEMRush to figure out what is going wrong.
- [02:20] If a keyword has a high CPC, it means that the traffic is worth more.
- [03:00] If you aren’t making sales, you probably need to be more aggressive and use exit pop-ups, sliders, opt-ins, email marketing, drips, etc.
- [03:30] You will start seeing revenue when you create funnels.
- [03:47] Ahrefs has a keyword difficulty tool that shows how difficult it is to rank for a given keyword.
- [04:35] Your content may not take off right away, but if you use the aforementioned techniques, it will go well for you.
- [04:52] If you aren’t generating revenue, try quizzes.
- [05:22] That’s it for today!
- [05:31] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...