In episode #1376, we ask what happens if your startup has exhausted all of its cash and you slash your marketing spend to zilch? Marketing is often the first expense to get cut when money is low, and in some ways this makes sense. Tune in to hear our thoughts on the best ways to cut marketing costs without losing vital income!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What Happens If Your Startup Has Exhausted All of Its Cash and You Slash Your Marketing Spend to Zilch?
- [00:41] The first expense that goes out of the window: marketing.
- [01:06] Keeping the profitable marketing budget and cutting the rest.
- [01:49] The story of ConversionXL and the idea of paid trials.
- [03:22] Look for partnerships for a cheap alternative to traditional marketing.
- [04:27] Playing the long game, adapting and taking some inspiration from Gary V.
- [05:54] Using SparkToro to find your ideal partnership!
- [06:20] That is it for today!
- [06:23] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...