In episode #1376, we ask what happens if your startup has exhausted all of its cash and you slash your marketing spend to zilch? Marketing is often the first expense to get cut when money is low, and in some ways this makes sense. Tune in to hear our thoughts on the best ways to cut marketing costs without losing vital income!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What Happens If Your Startup Has Exhausted All of Its Cash and You Slash Your Marketing Spend to Zilch?
- [00:41] The first expense that goes out of the window: marketing.
- [01:06] Keeping the profitable marketing budget and cutting the rest.
- [01:49] The story of ConversionXL and the idea of paid trials.
- [03:22] Look for partnerships for a cheap alternative to traditional marketing.
- [04:27] Playing the long game, adapting and taking some inspiration from Gary V.
- [05:54] Using SparkToro to find your ideal partnership!
- [06:20] That is it for today!
- [06:23] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...