In Episode #389, Eric and Neil discuss tips for first-time paid advertisers. Tune in to learn what Eric and Neil do personally in handling their paid advertising, how you can be cost efficient in your paid ads, and why it is essential to enroll in a couple of paid courses on AdWords.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Neil and Eric’s Tips for First-Time Paid Advertisers
- 00:38 – Take whatever Facebook, Google and Bing’s representatives tell you with a grain of salt
- 00:46 – They won’t always work
- 01:14 – “When you’re just starting off, don’t spend a lot”
- 01:20 – Bing and Google can give you free credits, take advantage of them and use them
- 01:37 – Eric loves and endorses Brad Geddes’ Advance Guide to Google AdWords or AdWords Fundamental
- 01:56 – It explained everything very distinctly
- 01:59 – DigitalMarketer has their courses too
- 02:12 – There are certifications from Google AdWords and Facebook Blueprint
- 02:18 – Facebook Blueprint is quite difficult but definitely worth it
- 02:28 – It is better to invest in paid courses and platforms like Skillshare
- 02:47 – John Loomer has some great stuff too on paid advertising
- 02:58 – Neil suggests going after very specific action-based keywords when setting up an ad campaign
- 03:46 – Make sure you have the baseline set on your website
- 04:02 – Retarget people who have visited your sites
- 04:50 – Make sure you have a funnel that upsells and downsells
- 05:19 – Look out for other channels like Quora ads
- 05:27 – Eric is testing Quora ads and the results are good so far
- 05:35 – Snapchat might worth a shot
- 05:51 – Yes, advertising is all about the numbers but you have to be cost-effective at the end of the day
- 05:5 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1-year subscription of Crazy Egg
- 06:33 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 06:43 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Test the waters first, don’t spend too much on paid advertising when you’re just starting.
- Don’t use vague keywords. Instead, use very specific action-based keywords that will make it easier for your campaign to generate traffic.
- Make sure you have a funnel that offers both upsells and downsells so you don’t pour money down the drain.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...