In Episode #110 Eric and Neil share their highlights from the past 100 podcast episodes. Apart from sharing what they’ve learned and what they’ve experienced, they’ll also thank all the listeners for being part of this journey with them!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:26 – Today’s topic: Our biggest lessons from 100 episodes of marketing school
- 00:46 – #1 When you first launch a podcast, you won’t get too much traction
- 01:17 – As you do it more and more, people start to listen
- 01:52 – No huge ‘bang for your buck’ on the first 100 episodes
- 02:06 – #2 Great feedback but with couple of negative ones
- 03:11 – #3 People who launch a podcast for the sake of making one doesn’t do so well
- 03:41 – You have to have an audience to push it through
- 04:02 – #4 Consistency takes a lot of work
- 05:15 – #5 Blog audience helps the success of this podcast
- 06:03 – It’s not easy to get a lot of downloads and listens
- 06:22 – #6 Podcasting is just like blogging
- 07:11 – #7 Time buys you listens and traffic
- 08:24 – Google Tomasz Tunguz or Compounding effects of content marketing
- 08:58 – Having a picture on your podcast helps
- 09:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The first 100 episodes didn’t come easy.
- Podcasting is much like blogging in terms of traffic and views/listens.
- Have a plan for your podcast, without one, you are doomed to fail.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...