In Episode #110 Eric and Neil share their highlights from the past 100 podcast episodes. Apart from sharing what they’ve learned and what they’ve experienced, they’ll also thank all the listeners for being part of this journey with them!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:26 – Today’s topic: Our biggest lessons from 100 episodes of marketing school
- 00:46 – #1 When you first launch a podcast, you won’t get too much traction
- 01:17 – As you do it more and more, people start to listen
- 01:52 – No huge ‘bang for your buck’ on the first 100 episodes
- 02:06 – #2 Great feedback but with couple of negative ones
- 03:11 – #3 People who launch a podcast for the sake of making one doesn’t do so well
- 03:41 – You have to have an audience to push it through
- 04:02 – #4 Consistency takes a lot of work
- 05:15 – #5 Blog audience helps the success of this podcast
- 06:03 – It’s not easy to get a lot of downloads and listens
- 06:22 – #6 Podcasting is just like blogging
- 07:11 – #7 Time buys you listens and traffic
- 08:24 – Google Tomasz Tunguz or Compounding effects of content marketing
- 08:58 – Having a picture on your podcast helps
- 09:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The first 100 episodes didn’t come easy.
- Podcasting is much like blogging in terms of traffic and views/listens.
- Have a plan for your podcast, without one, you are doomed to fail.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...