In Episode #44 Neil and Eric talk about generating more blog topics for your website—why it’s so important and the tools you can use to ensure your content is always fresh. Listen as they share their personal strategies for creating winning blog content that’s not only interesting to them, but interesting to their readers.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – Generating more (and more exciting) blog topics
- 00:37 – Use BuzzSumo
- 00:53 – Take what BuzzSumo gives you and IMPROVE upon it
- 01:54 – Look at posts that are fairly new
- 02:20 – Take the sub-headers and turn those into individual posts
- 02:58 – Use Google News or Trends to see what’s hot
- 03:23 — Learn how to write content that’s fresh AND informative
- 04:00 – The internal search feature on your website isn’t sexy, but it is valuable
- 04:35 – Go to NeilPatel.com in the footer click on TOOLS and then type in your competitor’s URLs
- 05:00 – Don’t copy your competition, outperform them
- 05:55 – Convince and Convert
- 06:30 – Look into your analytics and figure out which of your posts have done well—find the key elements and piggyback off them for new content
- 07:48 – Feed.ly
- 08:10 – Whenever you’re coming up with new ideas, you need to strike while the iron is hot or keep a running inventory of those ideas
3 Key Points:
- YouTube advertising is cheap right now but it won’t be forever.
- Someone else’s laziness is your competitive advantage.
- When your ad doesn’t resonate, retarget, retarget, retarget!
- BuzzSumo – A valuable took Neil and Eric use to identify trending blog topics
- Convince and Convert – Strategic advisors that work with world-class organizations to make digital marketing and customer experiences remarkable
- Feedly – Organize and share relevant news stories
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...