In episode #2085, Neil and Eric talk about how Netflix’s stock tanked 35%, and what this means for marketers. For years Netflix had a competitive advantage as a unique streaming service. Learn how always trying to displace your own business can help you stay ahead, and what marketers can learn from Netflix’s recent dive.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Netflix’s Stock Tanked 35% in 1 Day. Here’s What it Means For Marketers.
- [00:50] Why this dip in Netflix’s value was inevitable.
- [01:24] How Netflix lost its competitive edge over other companies.
- [02:04] Why being unique is easier to market and results in quicker growth.
- [02:50] Why you should always be trying to displace your own business.
- [03:37] Go to school.io/talent to learn how you can join our Talent Collective! Use promo code MS100
- [03:37] Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast!
- [03:57] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
- Go to school.io/talent to learn how you can join our Talent Collective! Use promo code MS100
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...