In episode #2085, Neil and Eric talk about how Netflix’s stock tanked 35%, and what this means for marketers. For years Netflix had a competitive advantage as a unique streaming service. Learn how always trying to displace your own business can help you stay ahead, and what marketers can learn from Netflix’s recent dive.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Netflix’s Stock Tanked 35% in 1 Day. Here’s What it Means For Marketers.
- [00:50] Why this dip in Netflix’s value was inevitable.
- [01:24] How Netflix lost its competitive edge over other companies.
- [02:04] Why being unique is easier to market and results in quicker growth.
- [02:50] Why you should always be trying to displace your own business.
- [03:37] Go to school.io/talent to learn how you can join our Talent Collective! Use promo code MS100
- [03:37] Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast!
- [03:57] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
- Go to school.io/talent to learn how you can join our Talent Collective! Use promo code MS100
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2229, Neil and Eric talk about seven split tests you won’t regret running. One of the most reliable ways to determine effective marketing methods is by running split tests. Tune in to le...
In episode #2228, Neil and Eric talk about why rising interest rates will make marketing more affordable. Warren Buffet famously said, “be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are ...
In episode #2227, Neil and Eric talk about why the easiest way to go broke is by acting rich. When you’re making hundreds and thousands of dollars, it can be tempting to splurge your cash on non-ess...