In episode #1578, we talk about why you should never polish a turd. Turds in our definition are bad ideas; no matter how well you market your turd or how well you polish it, the chances are it will fail. Tune in today and learn about why your work hours are better spent finding a product that provides real value than polishing and marketing turds.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Why You Should Never Polish A Turd.
- [00:31] What is a turd? Ideas that won’t work which time shouldn’t be wasted on.
- [01:35] Find something that provides value and polish that rather.
- [02:06] Good marketing on a turd still won’t work.
- [02:40] The best marketers are customer-obsessed.
- [03:11] That’s it for today!
- [03:15] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...