In episode #1847, we give you our top strategies for vetting marketers before hiring them. People often aren’t willing to spend the extra money on a solid vetting process, but the fact is that making a bad hire costs more. Tune in to hear how to use strategies like testing and extreme reference checking to optimize your hiring process.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Nifty Ways To Vet The Best Marketers Before Hiring Them.
- [00:25] The cost of a bad hire is bigger than an a solid hiring process.
- [00:47] Asking candidates how they would solve specific problems and testing them.
- [02:05] Lessons for hiring from Who.
- [02:33] Using written prompts and combining past experience with hypotheticals.
- [03:36] Vetting clients on their social media platforms.
- [03:55] Using extreme reference checking.
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:10] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...