In episode #1847, we give you our top strategies for vetting marketers before hiring them. People often aren’t willing to spend the extra money on a solid vetting process, but the fact is that making a bad hire costs more. Tune in to hear how to use strategies like testing and extreme reference checking to optimize your hiring process.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Nifty Ways To Vet The Best Marketers Before Hiring Them.
- [00:25] The cost of a bad hire is bigger than an a solid hiring process.
- [00:47] Asking candidates how they would solve specific problems and testing them.
- [02:05] Lessons for hiring from Who.
- [02:33] Using written prompts and combining past experience with hypotheticals.
- [03:36] Vetting clients on their social media platforms.
- [03:55] Using extreme reference checking.
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:10] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...