In episode #1144, we unpack the recent collaborative study on organic click-through rates. This study, conducted by Backlinko and Marketing School, shows findings from over 5 millions Google search results and has a ton of surprising statistics to help you understand your SEO. Tune in to get all the details on this study!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Organic Click-Through Rate Lessons on 5 Million Google Search Results.
- [01:10] A summary of the key findings of this study.
- [01:29] Why it’s a ‘winner take all’ situation with search results .
- [02:57] The success rates of titles containing questions.
- [03:35] Keyword usage in titles and the resulting bump in click through rates.
- [04:48] The subtractive effect of including power words in your titles.
- [05:50] Evoking curiosity can make a big difference to your CTR.
- [06:10] There you have it!
- [06:30] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...