In episode #1144, we unpack the recent collaborative study on organic click-through rates. This study, conducted by Backlinko and Marketing School, shows findings from over 5 millions Google search results and has a ton of surprising statistics to help you understand your SEO. Tune in to get all the details on this study!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: The Organic Click-Through Rate Lessons on 5 Million Google Search Results.
- [01:10] A summary of the key findings of this study.
- [01:29] Why it’s a ‘winner take all’ situation with search results .
- [02:57] The success rates of titles containing questions.
- [03:35] Keyword usage in titles and the resulting bump in click through rates.
- [04:48] The subtractive effect of including power words in your titles.
- [05:50] Evoking curiosity can make a big difference to your CTR.
- [06:10] There you have it!
- [06:30] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...