In episode #786, Eric and Neil talk about their biggest SEO mistakes. Tune in to learn from their missteps.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Our Biggest SEO Mistake
- [00:40] Neil’s biggest mistake was always being short-sighted.
- [00:50] He has been doing this for 17 years and he wishes he had looked more towards the future.
- [01:15] He would constantly revamp his site, buy links, try to manipulate Google rankings, but none of that led to long-term success.
- [01:50] He burned through so much money using quick hacks like adding WordPress links to the footer on his site.
- [02:10] He wishes he spent his money on long-term projects.
- [02:30] Eric learned a lot of white hat stuff doing an internship, but someone turned him onto black hat sites and ideas.
- [03:05] Unfortunately, the black hat ideas are greedy and short-sighted.
- [04:10] Their biggest mistake was not a tactic, but just being short-sighted and greedy.
- [04:35] Pick your opportunities wisely.
- [05:21] That’s all for today!
- [05:28] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...