In episode #786, Eric and Neil talk about their biggest SEO mistakes. Tune in to learn from their missteps.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Our Biggest SEO Mistake
- [00:40] Neil’s biggest mistake was always being short-sighted.
- [00:50] He has been doing this for 17 years and he wishes he had looked more towards the future.
- [01:15] He would constantly revamp his site, buy links, try to manipulate Google rankings, but none of that led to long-term success.
- [01:50] He burned through so much money using quick hacks like adding WordPress links to the footer on his site.
- [02:10] He wishes he spent his money on long-term projects.
- [02:30] Eric learned a lot of white hat stuff doing an internship, but someone turned him onto black hat sites and ideas.
- [03:05] Unfortunately, the black hat ideas are greedy and short-sighted.
- [04:10] Their biggest mistake was not a tactic, but just being short-sighted and greedy.
- [04:35] Pick your opportunities wisely.
- [05:21] That’s all for today!
- [05:28] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...