In episode #786, Eric and Neil talk about their biggest SEO mistakes. Tune in to learn from their missteps.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Our Biggest SEO Mistake
- [00:40] Neil’s biggest mistake was always being short-sighted.
- [00:50] He has been doing this for 17 years and he wishes he had looked more towards the future.
- [01:15] He would constantly revamp his site, buy links, try to manipulate Google rankings, but none of that led to long-term success.
- [01:50] He burned through so much money using quick hacks like adding WordPress links to the footer on his site.
- [02:10] He wishes he spent his money on long-term projects.
- [02:30] Eric learned a lot of white hat stuff doing an internship, but someone turned him onto black hat sites and ideas.
- [03:05] Unfortunately, the black hat ideas are greedy and short-sighted.
- [04:10] Their biggest mistake was not a tactic, but just being short-sighted and greedy.
- [04:35] Pick your opportunities wisely.
- [05:21] That’s all for today!
- [05:28] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1536, we cover the often-dreaded cold email. We hear about what makes a good subject line, Neil and Eric’s personal experience sending cold emails and the importance of having a good bod...
In episode #1535, we give you the one marketing skill that will get you hired in 2020 – and it is not SEO or PPC! As Andrew Chen famously said, “All marketing channels eventually go to shit.” Th...
In episode #1534, we discuss how to get clients in today’s environment. The best thing you can do is to approach prospective clients with step-by-step solutions that require zero effort on their par...