7 Insider’s Secrets to Launching A Book
In episode #1588, we share seven insider’s secrets to launching a book. If you want to get your books noticed, be sure to have quotes and testimonials from well-known authors on the cover. Tune in to learn more about hybrid and traditional publishing and what you can expect from working with publishers in general.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: 7 Insider’s Secrets to Launching A Book.
- [00:34] Bulk book sales are now being counted as a single sale.
- [01:04] Use a company like ResultSource that counts bulk sales individually.
- [01:23] Have quotes and testimonials from other book authors on the front and back cover.
- [02:25] Consider hybrid publishing that offers the best of both self and traditional publishing.
- [03:02] Keep in mind that traditional publishers have all the control.
- [03:31] Some traditional publishers also own magazines in which they can promote your book.
- [04:00] Keep in mind that most books don’t sell very well.
- [04:29] Use a well-known agent if you want to go the traditional route.
- [04:50] Publishers are not going to drive sales for you – the marketing is up to you.
- [05:35] That’s it for today!
- [05:57] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...