In episode #1047, we discuss how podcasts are showing up in SERPs. Tune in to hear what you should do in order to take advantage of this.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Podcasts Are Appearing in Google SERPs. Here’s What You Should Do
- [00:35] Google had an IO event where they announced that this would happen.
- [00:55] You can see episodes and play them from the results page.
- [01:11] Google is also helping transcribe podcasts.
- [01:35] This is a sign that podcasting is becoming more popular.
- [02:42] A venture firm did a study on podcasts.
- [02:55] Once you have a podcast, make sure to create a website for it.
- [03:35] Podcasts audiences are different than video audiences.
- [03:55] Don’t expect results from day one.
- [04:04] That’s it for today!
- [04:09] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: