In episode #1047, we discuss how podcasts are showing up in SERPs. Tune in to hear what you should do in order to take advantage of this.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Podcasts Are Appearing in Google SERPs. Here’s What You Should Do
- [00:35] Google had an IO event where they announced that this would happen.
- [00:55] You can see episodes and play them from the results page.
- [01:11] Google is also helping transcribe podcasts.
- [01:35] This is a sign that podcasting is becoming more popular.
- [02:42] A venture firm did a study on podcasts.
- [02:55] Once you have a podcast, make sure to create a website for it.
- [03:35] Podcasts audiences are different than video audiences.
- [03:55] Don’t expect results from day one.
- [04:04] That’s it for today!
- [04:09] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...