In Episode #61 Neil and Eric talk about the differences between hiring in-house, hiring consultants and hiring agencies. Listen as they highlight the pros and cons, share what works for their own businesses, and the stunning advantages of outsourcing.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Today’s Topic: The Pros and Cons of Hiring In-house Versus Agency Versus Consultant
- 00:42 – Neil never hires agencies—only specific consultants
- 01:08 – Eric has an agency but would not hire an agency
- 02:08 – How the Forced Hiring tactic works
- 02:10 – Using LinkedIn
- 02:52 – The easy way is to just look for an agency
- 02:58 – Agencies do not fully understand your product
- 03:18 – Be mindful of relationship dynamics
- 03:26 – Think about why you want to hire
- 03:34 – In-house for managing the whole process
- 03:42 – Freelancer for a specific task
- 03:48 – Consultant for helping in strategy
- 04:10 – It depends on the task you want to get done
- 05:00 – Optimize costs and results
- 05:40 – Working with the big ones means paying for the brand name
- 06:35 – Consider your company’s culture—don’t hire solely for the results
- 07:16 – End of today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Agencies bring convenience, but significant expense as well.
- Hiring for what you need done and what fits your culture.
- Don’t look at just the costs; look at the results as well.
- Angel List and Indeed – Where Eric would search for consultants
- Forced Hiring – A tactic which Eric wrote a blog about
- LinkedIn – A social media platform where you can generate leads
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...