In episode #605, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should focus on quantity or quality when it comes to link building. Tune in to hear what you might be doing wrong.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Quantity vs Quality: What’s Better For Link Building?
- [00:43] Neil finds that neither proves more useful than the other. Slow and steady wins the race.
- [01:02] This means whether you post ten links per month or three with high quality content, consistency is the only thing that matters.
- [01:52] You never consider link-building when you’re starting your business, but it matters.
- [02:20] When starting out, focus on letting people know who you are and what your brand is.
- [02:45] Eric builds the majority of his links on Singlegrain.
- [02:56] He and his company focus on quantity and find that quality isn’t always a factor.
- [03:15] Now, Singlegrain pulls in 100,000 visitors per month.
- [03:25] Don’t post junk, but quality rarely matters.
- [03:45] Don’t always link back to your homepage, rather provide relevant information.
- [04:25] Though it’s not the sexiest answer, time is always your friend and visitors will grow in time if you remain consistent.
- [04:28] That’s all for today!
- [04:31] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1201, we talk about how Eric Siu gets ahead of his competitors! From attending events and going to bed early, Eric has a bunch of helpful tips and possible jumpstarts for you and your busi...
In episode #1200, we talk about how Neil Patel gets ahead of his competitors! From working in the holidays, allowing small amounts of downtime, and mapping out partnerships, Neil has some great strate...
In episode #1199, we talk about a few books that can help you and your brand in 2020! We share some choices that deal with customers, coaching, ambition and more, while also considering the benefits o...