In episode #605, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should focus on quantity or quality when it comes to link building. Tune in to hear what you might be doing wrong.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Quantity vs Quality: What’s Better For Link Building?
- [00:43] Neil finds that neither proves more useful than the other. Slow and steady wins the race.
- [01:02] This means whether you post ten links per month or three with high quality content, consistency is the only thing that matters.
- [01:52] You never consider link-building when you’re starting your business, but it matters.
- [02:20] When starting out, focus on letting people know who you are and what your brand is.
- [02:45] Eric builds the majority of his links on Singlegrain.
- [02:56] He and his company focus on quantity and find that quality isn’t always a factor.
- [03:15] Now, Singlegrain pulls in 100,000 visitors per month.
- [03:25] Don’t post junk, but quality rarely matters.
- [03:45] Don’t always link back to your homepage, rather provide relevant information.
- [04:25] Though it’s not the sexiest answer, time is always your friend and visitors will grow in time if you remain consistent.
- [04:28] That’s all for today!
- [04:31] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #905, we discuss how digital marketing will change in 2019. Tune in to hear what changes are on the horizon....
In episode #904, we discuss whether marketing is actually an engineering problem. Tune in to hear our verdict....
In episode #903, we discuss how to recover from an algorithm update. Tune in to hear how you can prevent your traffic from going on a permanent decline....