In episode #605, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should focus on quantity or quality when it comes to link building. Tune in to hear what you might be doing wrong.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Quantity vs Quality: What’s Better For Link Building?
- [00:43] Neil finds that neither proves more useful than the other. Slow and steady wins the race.
- [01:02] This means whether you post ten links per month or three with high quality content, consistency is the only thing that matters.
- [01:52] You never consider link-building when you’re starting your business, but it matters.
- [02:20] When starting out, focus on letting people know who you are and what your brand is.
- [02:45] Eric builds the majority of his links on Singlegrain.
- [02:56] He and his company focus on quantity and find that quality isn’t always a factor.
- [03:15] Now, Singlegrain pulls in 100,000 visitors per month.
- [03:25] Don’t post junk, but quality rarely matters.
- [03:45] Don’t always link back to your homepage, rather provide relevant information.
- [04:25] Though it’s not the sexiest answer, time is always your friend and visitors will grow in time if you remain consistent.
- [04:28] That’s all for today!
- [04:31] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...