In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what’s working for other apps and integrating that into their own properties, making them even more popular. Today we take a closer look at TikTok, what makes it so successful, and how marketers should be thinking about Facebook’s upcoming revamp. Make sure you tune in to hear it all!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Meta Announces TikTok Redesign of Facebook.
- [01:07] The Federal Trade Commission’s opinion of TikTok and the looming threat that it might be banned.
- [01:28] How TikTok is winning the attention game.
- [01:56] The surprising amount of activity and vibrancy we’ve seen on Facebook lately.
- [02:12] Examples of how Facebook’s strategies have worked in the past and why it bodes well for the future.
- [02:55] Our key takeaways from the latest developments at Facebook: seize the opportunity early.
- [03:42] Check https://www.marketingschool.io/jobs to see our job postings!
- [04:00] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast!
- [04:02] Go to https://www.marketingschool.io to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...