In episode #2006, we give you our reaction to Semrush buying Backlinko. Semrush, which is essentially a search marketing tool, does not have the blog audience that Backlinko Founder Brian Dean has. Tune in to hear why it makes more sense for Semrush to buy what Brian has built rather than building it themselves.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Reaction to Semrush Buying Backlinko.
- [00:28] Who Semrush is and why Backlinko appeals to them.
- [00:55] Why build it yourself when you can buy it?
- [01:37] Examples of companies that kept growing after being acquired.
- [03:26] Why these acquisitions are more like partnerships.
- [04:14] That’s it for today!
- [04:21] Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...