In episode #2006, we give you our reaction to Semrush buying Backlinko. Semrush, which is essentially a search marketing tool, does not have the blog audience that Backlinko Founder Brian Dean has. Tune in to hear why it makes more sense for Semrush to buy what Brian has built rather than building it themselves.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Reaction to Semrush Buying Backlinko.
- [00:28] Who Semrush is and why Backlinko appeals to them.
- [00:55] Why build it yourself when you can buy it?
- [01:37] Examples of companies that kept growing after being acquired.
- [03:26] Why these acquisitions are more like partnerships.
- [04:14] That’s it for today!
- [04:21] Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...