In episode #2006, we give you our reaction to Semrush buying Backlinko. Semrush, which is essentially a search marketing tool, does not have the blog audience that Backlinko Founder Brian Dean has. Tune in to hear why it makes more sense for Semrush to buy what Brian has built rather than building it themselves.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Reaction to Semrush Buying Backlinko.
- [00:28] Who Semrush is and why Backlinko appeals to them.
- [00:55] Why build it yourself when you can buy it?
- [01:37] Examples of companies that kept growing after being acquired.
- [03:26] Why these acquisitions are more like partnerships.
- [04:14] That’s it for today!
- [04:21] Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...