In episode #2006, we give you our reaction to Semrush buying Backlinko. Semrush, which is essentially a search marketing tool, does not have the blog audience that Backlinko Founder Brian Dean has. Tune in to hear why it makes more sense for Semrush to buy what Brian has built rather than building it themselves.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Reaction to Semrush Buying Backlinko.
- [00:28] Who Semrush is and why Backlinko appeals to them.
- [00:55] Why build it yourself when you can buy it?
- [01:37] Examples of companies that kept growing after being acquired.
- [03:26] Why these acquisitions are more like partnerships.
- [04:14] That’s it for today!
- [04:21] Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2473, we talk about where consumer confidence sits right now. The global economy has had to adapt to some pretty major events over the past three years, from a worldwide pandemic to the wa...
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...