In episode #622, Eric and Neil discuss what you can do when you run out of marketing ideas. Tune in to hear where you can find inspiration to get you out of a rut.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Running Out of Marketing Ideas? Do this
- [00:45] Eric opens Feedly, which has a bunch of marketing blogs, which can give him a bunch of ideas.
- [01:17] Nuzzle takes all of his Twitter followers and shows him who they are following.
- [01:34] Basically, go out and research in order to get new ideas.
- [01:47] Instead of doing more things, improve what you are already doing.
- [01:53] Try using Buzzsumo, SEMRush, AHREFS in order to see what your competitors are doing.
- [02:14] Re-write your competitors work and improve upon it.
- [02:46] Whatrunswhere shows you what banner ads your competitors are leveraging.
- [03:15] Keep things fresh: go look at your channels and update/upgrade them.
- [03:42] Crowdsource your ideas!
- [04:50] Listen to competitors’ podcasts, which will give you great ideas. Find out their numbers, see what’s working, and leverage this information to your advantage.
- [05:32] Eric did an episode of Growth Everywhere and his interviewee’s competitor was listening and reached out to Eric.
- [06:01] The competitor picked up some useful info, just from listening to the podcast.
- [06:25] That’s all for today!
- [06:29] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us: