In episode #677, Eric and Neil discuss how sex is still used in marketing. Tune in to hear what they think about this method of advertising and whether you should be using it.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Sex Still Sells
- [00:40] The most popular people on the internet still use sex to sell.
- [00:56] We’re still at a place in marketing, where sex sells.
- [01:24] When you see Trump in the news all the time, it’s because he is generating reactions, which is kind of selling.
- [01:35] Using sex is problematic, whether you are leveraging men’s or women’s sexuality.
- [01:53] You’ll get a lot of haters, but you will also get a lot of conversions.
- [02:00] There was a case study done by affiliate marketers where they posted a Facebook ad and the image was of a woman’s breasts. The click-through rate was extremely high, but it was also extremely distasteful.
- [02:32] GoDaddy used Danica Patrick to sell their service.
- [02:55] That was tasteful.
- [03:05] Beats used the Kardashians, but in a way that wasn’t overtly sexual.
- [03:30] Now is not the time to use overly aggressive sexual marketing, because of the current political and cultural climate.
- [03:42] The world is evolving to become more inclusive and less exploitative.
- [04:10] If you have to use sex to make your business work, your product or service may not be the best.
- [04:55] If you search “International Women’s Day Ads” or “Most Empowering Ads for Women”, this will give you an idea of how sex can sell in a non-exploitative way.
- [05:26] That’s all for today!
- [05:30] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1513, we share seven tools that will help you grow your traffic. When trying to ramp up your traffic, whether it be on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, or your website, it is all a...
In episode #1512, you’ll hear about seven tools you can use to grow your SaaS company from us. Whether you’re working B2B or B2C, having the best tools for note-taking, A/B testing, decreasing chu...
In this special episode of Marketing School we speak to the 'traffic guy', John Parkes, who is CMO of ClickFunnels! At Marketing School we are big fans of the company and their amazing co-founder, Rus...