In episode #978, we discuss whether you should focus on one or multiple keywords in your blog posts. Tune in to hear how we approach blogging and keyword rankings.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should a Blog Post Focus on One Keyword or Multiple Keywords for SEO?
- [00:35] One of our live viewers, Dinesh, recommended this topic.
- [00:55] NSFW sites usually rank for the most keywords.
- [01:05] Focus on one keyword first.
- [01:15] Once you rank for one, try to then build in other keywords.
- [01:35] Neil thinks you can do multiple keywords at a time.
- [01:45] Neil writes, doesn’t worry about keywords, and checks for which keywords the post naturally ranks.
- [02:00] Once he sees what his keywords are, he adjusts the post to fit more closely around those keywords.
- [02:06] SEO is a big hit-or-miss business.
- [02:32] Neil says to focus on the quality of your content before focusing on keywords.
- [02:58] Eric likes checking Ahrefs.
- [03:22] Look at the top pages on Ahrefs and see for which keywords they rank.
- [04:00] Clickflow is also useful for this.
- [04:06] That’s it for today!
- [04:10] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1174, we talk about how we handle our to-do lists and get our marketing things done! From prioritizing and cutting excess to methods and frameworks, we cover a ton of great ways to get thi...
In episode #1173, we talk about the trend that email newsletters and podcasting is currently moving towards. We are seeing more paid subscription services for content creators, whereby subscribers can...
In episode #1172, we discuss the best ways to do a blazing fast audit of a website! There are a ton of tools that make this process easy, cheap, and effective. Today we unpack which ones we use and wh...