In episode #978, we discuss whether you should focus on one or multiple keywords in your blog posts. Tune in to hear how we approach blogging and keyword rankings.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should a Blog Post Focus on One Keyword or Multiple Keywords for SEO?
- [00:35] One of our live viewers, Dinesh, recommended this topic.
- [00:55] NSFW sites usually rank for the most keywords.
- [01:05] Focus on one keyword first.
- [01:15] Once you rank for one, try to then build in other keywords.
- [01:35] Neil thinks you can do multiple keywords at a time.
- [01:45] Neil writes, doesn’t worry about keywords, and checks for which keywords the post naturally ranks.
- [02:00] Once he sees what his keywords are, he adjusts the post to fit more closely around those keywords.
- [02:06] SEO is a big hit-or-miss business.
- [02:32] Neil says to focus on the quality of your content before focusing on keywords.
- [02:58] Eric likes checking Ahrefs.
- [03:22] Look at the top pages on Ahrefs and see for which keywords they rank.
- [04:00] Clickflow is also useful for this.
- [04:06] That’s it for today!
- [04:10] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....