In Episode #113 Eric and Neil talk about whether or not you should hire a PR agency for your business. Listen to know the pros and cons that are tied to hiring a 3rd party agency and why PR is not for new companies that are just starting out.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should I hire a PR agency for my business?
- 00:44 – If you’re first starting out, don’t expect a launch to take you a long distance
- 01:19 – Neil shares his negative PR experiences
- 02:05 – The best way to hire a PR person is to have them work full time for you
- 02:13 – Neil shares more of his PR experiences
- 03:53 – Find a person to do PR – do not find companies
- 04:17 – Eric shares his PR experiences
- 04:36 – The PR industry is antiquated
- 04:37 – Neil recommended Chris Barrett to Eric
- 06:01 – PR makes sense if the costs make sense
- 07:01 – If you’re looking for PR people, check out: Janine from Fresh PR and Richard Lorenzen
- 07:39 – Your goal is to graduate from an agency and hire in-house
- 08:01 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- PR is not for all business types—don’t invent in PR on a whim.
- Getting a PR person is way better than getting an agency.
- Your end goal is to graduate from hiring agencies and get in-house employees.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2352, the focus is on tips and tactics for mastering influencer marketing. Neil and Eric discuss the do’s and don’ts of influencer marketing and share some valuable tools that you can ...
In episode #2351, you’ll hear top tips for how to get more newsletter subscribers in 2023. If you think that email is dead, think again because email marketing is one of the most effective ways to g...
In episode #2350, Neil and Eric delve into 5 evergreen SEO tactics that just work! If you want to improve your SEO rankings, this episode covers 5 tactics (plus a bonus one right at the end) that will...