In Episode #113 Eric and Neil talk about whether or not you should hire a PR agency for your business. Listen to know the pros and cons that are tied to hiring a 3rd party agency and why PR is not for new companies that are just starting out.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should I hire a PR agency for my business?
- 00:44 – If you’re first starting out, don’t expect a launch to take you a long distance
- 01:19 – Neil shares his negative PR experiences
- 02:05 – The best way to hire a PR person is to have them work full time for you
- 02:13 – Neil shares more of his PR experiences
- 03:53 – Find a person to do PR – do not find companies
- 04:17 – Eric shares his PR experiences
- 04:36 – The PR industry is antiquated
- 04:37 – Neil recommended Chris Barrett to Eric
- 06:01 – PR makes sense if the costs make sense
- 07:01 – If you’re looking for PR people, check out: Janine from Fresh PR and Richard Lorenzen
- 07:39 – Your goal is to graduate from an agency and hire in-house
- 08:01 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- PR is not for all business types—don’t invent in PR on a whim.
- Getting a PR person is way better than getting an agency.
- Your end goal is to graduate from hiring agencies and get in-house employees.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...