In Episode #113 Eric and Neil talk about whether or not you should hire a PR agency for your business. Listen to know the pros and cons that are tied to hiring a 3rd party agency and why PR is not for new companies that are just starting out.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should I hire a PR agency for my business?
- 00:44 – If you’re first starting out, don’t expect a launch to take you a long distance
- 01:19 – Neil shares his negative PR experiences
- 02:05 – The best way to hire a PR person is to have them work full time for you
- 02:13 – Neil shares more of his PR experiences
- 03:53 – Find a person to do PR – do not find companies
- 04:17 – Eric shares his PR experiences
- 04:36 – The PR industry is antiquated
- 04:37 – Neil recommended Chris Barrett to Eric
- 06:01 – PR makes sense if the costs make sense
- 07:01 – If you’re looking for PR people, check out: Janine from Fresh PR and Richard Lorenzen
- 07:39 – Your goal is to graduate from an agency and hire in-house
- 08:01 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- PR is not for all business types—don’t invent in PR on a whim.
- Getting a PR person is way better than getting an agency.
- Your end goal is to graduate from hiring agencies and get in-house employees.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...