In Episode #65, Neil and Eric discuss marketing conferences—their importance and where or not you should actually attend them. Listen as they share their experiences and tips when attending these conferences, and why the networking opportunities within the conference are a heck of a lot more important than the conference itself.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Should you attend marketing conferences?
- 00:35 – it depends on what you want to learn
- 00:43 – Big vs small marketing conferences
- 01:04 – Neil attends marketing conferences for networking
- 01:58 – Eric loves conferences for the people he gets to meet
- 02:06 – Eric’s experience at the Traffic and Conversion Conference
- 02:58 – Google “How to Throw Mastermind Dinners”
- 03:54 – Finding the right people to extend long-term friendship to
- 04:00 – Neil hates conference “sessions”
- 04:17 – Sessions vs Blog Posts
- 04:33 – Don’t attend conferences for the sessions
- 05:30 – “When you’re talking to people, it’s not about what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s about them.”
- 05:58 – Go to marketing conferences and set the right expectations for yourself
- 06:20 – Do mastermind dinners by group
- 06:31 – Conference pass vs Expo pass
- 07:07 – The mastermind meetings are more valuable than the conference
- 07:19 – Read: Never Eat Alone
- 07:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Attend marketing conferences for the networking opportunities.
- Set right and reasonable expectations for conferences.
- Don’t invite people for one on one meetings because they probably won’t show up. Create group events instead.
- Never Eat Alone – Book Eric recommends to read
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...