In Episode #65, Neil and Eric discuss marketing conferences—their importance and where or not you should actually attend them. Listen as they share their experiences and tips when attending these conferences, and why the networking opportunities within the conference are a heck of a lot more important than the conference itself.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Should you attend marketing conferences?
- 00:35 – it depends on what you want to learn
- 00:43 – Big vs small marketing conferences
- 01:04 – Neil attends marketing conferences for networking
- 01:58 – Eric loves conferences for the people he gets to meet
- 02:06 – Eric’s experience at the Traffic and Conversion Conference
- 02:58 – Google “How to Throw Mastermind Dinners”
- 03:54 – Finding the right people to extend long-term friendship to
- 04:00 – Neil hates conference “sessions”
- 04:17 – Sessions vs Blog Posts
- 04:33 – Don’t attend conferences for the sessions
- 05:30 – “When you’re talking to people, it’s not about what you’re trying to accomplish. It’s about them.”
- 05:58 – Go to marketing conferences and set the right expectations for yourself
- 06:20 – Do mastermind dinners by group
- 06:31 – Conference pass vs Expo pass
- 07:07 – The mastermind meetings are more valuable than the conference
- 07:19 – Read: Never Eat Alone
- 07:35 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Attend marketing conferences for the networking opportunities.
- Set right and reasonable expectations for conferences.
- Don’t invite people for one on one meetings because they probably won’t show up. Create group events instead.
- Never Eat Alone – Book Eric recommends to read
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...