In Episode #391, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should be worried about your domain authority. Tune in to learn how domain authority helps your search traffic and why Eric doesn’t worry about his domain authority.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Be Worried About Your Domain Authority?
- 00:37 – Domain authority is done on a scale of 1-100 in Moz metric
- 00:47 – Google page rank is scored from 1-10
- 01:01 – Moz is more commonly used now as a metric than Google page rank
- 01:45 – In general, Moz domain authority shows the quality of the website
- 01:50 – Neil likes domain authority because the authority number is typically climbing
- 02:09 – Domain authority is a good way to see if sites are linking to you
- 02:14 – Are they authoritative and getting quantity?
- 02:19 – As domain authority goes up, so does search traffic
- 02:28 – Eric has Moz and Ahrefs so he can cross-reference and track increases in traffic, etc.
- 02:53 – Eric checks domain authority once a month and doesn’t worry about it too much
- 03:10 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:56 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Domain authority helps you track how good your site is doing.
- As your domain authority goes up, so does your search traffic.
- Ultimately, don’t worry about your domain authority too much.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...