In Episode #391, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should be worried about your domain authority. Tune in to learn how domain authority helps your search traffic and why Eric doesn’t worry about his domain authority.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Be Worried About Your Domain Authority?
- 00:37 – Domain authority is done on a scale of 1-100 in Moz metric
- 00:47 – Google page rank is scored from 1-10
- 01:01 – Moz is more commonly used now as a metric than Google page rank
- 01:45 – In general, Moz domain authority shows the quality of the website
- 01:50 – Neil likes domain authority because the authority number is typically climbing
- 02:09 – Domain authority is a good way to see if sites are linking to you
- 02:14 – Are they authoritative and getting quantity?
- 02:19 – As domain authority goes up, so does search traffic
- 02:28 – Eric has Moz and Ahrefs so he can cross-reference and track increases in traffic, etc.
- 02:53 – Eric checks domain authority once a month and doesn’t worry about it too much
- 03:10 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:56 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Domain authority helps you track how good your site is doing.
- As your domain authority goes up, so does your search traffic.
- Ultimately, don’t worry about your domain authority too much.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....