In episode #1433, you’ll hear whether you should build an audience before launching your product or not! We talk about two main approaches today that you can take depending on whether you have an existing product or not. From there, we drill down on the power of having a large audience, different ways of building one, and some examples of transactions that prove how much people with money will pay for businesses that have major followings!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: If You Should Build an Audience Before Launching Your Product.
- [00:30] If you have a product, market it, otherwise, build the audience first!
- [01:09] Building your audience by documenting your process as a newbie.
- [01:32] How long a content marketing journey could take before results come.
- [01:58] Examples of different thought leaders and how they built their audience.
- [02:10] Understanding the passion economy, helping influencers monetize.
- [02:44] Whoever controls the audience, controls a ton of power.
- [03:22] Looking at platforms Spotify bought because they understand the power of audience.
- [03:54] How much cash Kylie Jenner made selling 51% her company.
- [04:23] That’s it for today!
- [04:24] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....