In episode #771, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should build links using rich anchor text. Tune in to hear if you should be focusing your energy on anchor text.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Build Rich Anchor Text Links Still?
- [00:54] If too many links are rich in anchor text and contain a keyword, search engines will know that you’re trying to manipulate them and you won’t rank as high.
- [01:10] Go to Ahrefs and type in the URLs that are at the top of page 1 for the terms for which you are trying to rank.
- [01:45] If you are building links naturally, you won’t be able to control the anchor text all the time.
- [02:25] Once the cup is overflowing, you will be hit with an algorithmic penalty.
- [02:55] Only focus about 5-10% of your energy on anchor text.
- [03:33] Links impact rankings, but so does the content on your page.
- [03:55] If you only focus on rich anchor text, your rankings are unsustainable.
- [04:30] That’s it for today!
- [04:33] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...