In episode #771, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should build links using rich anchor text. Tune in to hear if you should be focusing your energy on anchor text.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Build Rich Anchor Text Links Still?
- [00:54] If too many links are rich in anchor text and contain a keyword, search engines will know that you’re trying to manipulate them and you won’t rank as high.
- [01:10] Go to Ahrefs and type in the URLs that are at the top of page 1 for the terms for which you are trying to rank.
- [01:45] If you are building links naturally, you won’t be able to control the anchor text all the time.
- [02:25] Once the cup is overflowing, you will be hit with an algorithmic penalty.
- [02:55] Only focus about 5-10% of your energy on anchor text.
- [03:33] Links impact rankings, but so does the content on your page.
- [03:55] If you only focus on rich anchor text, your rankings are unsustainable.
- [04:30] That’s it for today!
- [04:33] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...