In episode #771, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should build links using rich anchor text. Tune in to hear if you should be focusing your energy on anchor text.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Build Rich Anchor Text Links Still?
- [00:54] If too many links are rich in anchor text and contain a keyword, search engines will know that you’re trying to manipulate them and you won’t rank as high.
- [01:10] Go to Ahrefs and type in the URLs that are at the top of page 1 for the terms for which you are trying to rank.
- [01:45] If you are building links naturally, you won’t be able to control the anchor text all the time.
- [02:25] Once the cup is overflowing, you will be hit with an algorithmic penalty.
- [02:55] Only focus about 5-10% of your energy on anchor text.
- [03:33] Links impact rankings, but so does the content on your page.
- [03:55] If you only focus on rich anchor text, your rankings are unsustainable.
- [04:30] That’s it for today!
- [04:33] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #780, Eric and Neil discuss how they are going to reach 1 Million downloads per month. Tune in to hear how they are going to do this and why they set this goal....
In episode #779, Eric and Neil discuss how to convert more leads. Tune in to hear their great hack....
In episode #778, Eric and Neil discuss what you should do with your keywords that rank in the middle, but not the top of the first search page. Tune in to hear how you can improve your rankings....