In episode #771, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should build links using rich anchor text. Tune in to hear if you should be focusing your energy on anchor text.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Build Rich Anchor Text Links Still?
- [00:54] If too many links are rich in anchor text and contain a keyword, search engines will know that you’re trying to manipulate them and you won’t rank as high.
- [01:10] Go to Ahrefs and type in the URLs that are at the top of page 1 for the terms for which you are trying to rank.
- [01:45] If you are building links naturally, you won’t be able to control the anchor text all the time.
- [02:25] Once the cup is overflowing, you will be hit with an algorithmic penalty.
- [02:55] Only focus about 5-10% of your energy on anchor text.
- [03:33] Links impact rankings, but so does the content on your page.
- [03:55] If you only focus on rich anchor text, your rankings are unsustainable.
- [04:30] That’s it for today!
- [04:33] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2229, Neil and Eric talk about seven split tests you won’t regret running. One of the most reliable ways to determine effective marketing methods is by running split tests. Tune in to le...
In episode #2228, Neil and Eric talk about why rising interest rates will make marketing more affordable. Warren Buffet famously said, “be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are ...
In episode #2227, Neil and Eric talk about why the easiest way to go broke is by acting rich. When you’re making hundreds and thousands of dollars, it can be tempting to splurge your cash on non-ess...