In Episode #301, Eric and Neil discuss whether or not you should buy marketing courses. Tune in to learn the importance of putting learning BEFORE earning and why paying for a course is sometimes more beneficial than trying a free one.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Should You Buy Marketing Courses?
- 00:39 – There’s a time for learning and there’s a time for earning
- 00:51 – Check Neil’s advance marketing course or his other courses that he has available
- 01:03 – Keep reading and keep learning!
- 01:12 – Implement what you have learned
- 01:25 – If you’re starting off, courses are great
- 01:30 – If you’re not starting off, the best way to learn is by networking at events and by practicing and doing things on your own website
- 01:44 – Neil is a big believer that it is easier to learn through DOING
- 01:51 – Neil’s current courses are about investments
- 01:53 – Neil invested in a Canadian company
- 02:17 – Instead of buying courses, Neil is investing on someone who already is doing them
- 02:30 – When Eric first learned about marketing, he had access to a site where he could buy courses or learn from free courses
- 03:03 – The problem with free courses is you have too much information available for you and you’re not really invested in it
- 03:37 – An executive once said, people buy courses because courses are perceived progress
- 03:49 – If you buy courses, finish and complete them
- 04:13 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Zapier which allows you to have different applications working with each other
- 04:47 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:51 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 05:09 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Put yourself in learning mode every day; there’s always an opportunity to learn something new.
- Paying for a course is an investment—use it well and apply what you’ve learned.
- If you have the knowledge, continue your learning by DOING.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...