In episode #1848, we share our thoughts on whether it is best to buy or build a business. While buying businesses is typically easier to do, this is only true if you know how to run one, which requires building one. That being said, building businesses is very risky! Tune in to hear how to work out which one to do first.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Should You Buy Or Build A Business?
- [00:25] It is easier to buy but Neil prefers building.
- [00:50] Learning how businesses work by building before buying.
- [01:25] What Eric learned about building through buying Single Grain.
- [02:07] The elements that make building a business risky.
- [02:58] Looking at your strengths and playing to those.
- [03:06] Knowing if the M&A game is your long-term strategy.
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:10] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...