In episode #1848, we share our thoughts on whether it is best to buy or build a business. While buying businesses is typically easier to do, this is only true if you know how to run one, which requires building one. That being said, building businesses is very risky! Tune in to hear how to work out which one to do first.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Should You Buy Or Build A Business?
- [00:25] It is easier to buy but Neil prefers building.
- [00:50] Learning how businesses work by building before buying.
- [01:25] What Eric learned about building through buying Single Grain.
- [02:07] The elements that make building a business risky.
- [02:58] Looking at your strengths and playing to those.
- [03:06] Knowing if the M&A game is your long-term strategy.
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:10] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at http://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
HBR Guide To Buying A Small Business
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2472, we talk about how to truly scale AI in your organization! It feels like everyone is racing to implement AI, but is this the best strategy for business owners? Tune in to hear how we ...
In episode #2471, we’re looking at the format dominating 92.7% of Facebook posts! We’re referring, of course, to reels. Short-form content has proven to be effective across all platforms and seems...
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...