In episode #1848, we share our thoughts on whether it is best to buy or build a business. While buying businesses is typically easier to do, this is only true if you know how to run one, which requires building one. That being said, building businesses is very risky! Tune in to hear how to work out which one to do first.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Should You Buy Or Build A Business?
- [00:25] It is easier to buy but Neil prefers building.
- [00:50] Learning how businesses work by building before buying.
- [01:25] What Eric learned about building through buying Single Grain.
- [02:07] The elements that make building a business risky.
- [02:58] Looking at your strengths and playing to those.
- [03:06] Knowing if the M&A game is your long-term strategy.
- [05:09] That’s it for today!
- [05:10] Go to marketingschool.io/live to learn more about our upcoming live event.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...