In episode #1080, we debate whether you should charge for a conference. Tune in to hear where each of us stands on this issue.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Charge For A Conference? Neil & Eric Debate
- [00:51] As the day proceeded, Eric realized they could have charged for the event.
- [01:10] When your content is already free for the most part, it would have been more than fair to charge for the conference.
- [01:30] Also, charging would have guaranteed a higher attendance rate with higher quality attendees.
- [02:52] Neil disagrees with Eric’s assessment.
- [03:10] Neil prefers to give away information for free.
- [03:35] Luckily, Intercom and others served as sponsors, which helped offset the costs.
- [03:51] Neil doesn’t want to make money off of people who are just seeking knowledge.
- [04:22] Eric thinks it put way too much stress on him and his team and another free event wouldn’t be worth it.
- [04:45] We are providing value and those surveyed said they would pay for another event.
- [05:30] Neil feels he didn’t work as much for this event, so he understands Eric’s perspective.
- [05:50] Tweet at Eric to give us your thoughts!
- [06:50] That’s it for today!
- [07:00] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1299, we discuss how Donald Trump spent over $19 million on Facebook advertising in 2019! This huge amount of money, that dwarfs the democratic budget, is symptomatic of the current media ...
In episode #1298, we share seven trends in the software as a service space! From free tools and customer experience improvement to thought leadership and the move towards platforms, following these tr...
In episode #1297, we ask what works better for affiliates, niche content or general news? There are a number of different routes you can take with your affiliate marketing, from very general to very n...