In episode #1080, we debate whether you should charge for a conference. Tune in to hear where each of us stands on this issue.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Charge For A Conference? Neil & Eric Debate
- [00:51] As the day proceeded, Eric realized they could have charged for the event.
- [01:10] When your content is already free for the most part, it would have been more than fair to charge for the conference.
- [01:30] Also, charging would have guaranteed a higher attendance rate with higher quality attendees.
- [02:52] Neil disagrees with Eric’s assessment.
- [03:10] Neil prefers to give away information for free.
- [03:35] Luckily, Intercom and others served as sponsors, which helped offset the costs.
- [03:51] Neil doesn’t want to make money off of people who are just seeking knowledge.
- [04:22] Eric thinks it put way too much stress on him and his team and another free event wouldn’t be worth it.
- [04:45] We are providing value and those surveyed said they would pay for another event.
- [05:30] Neil feels he didn’t work as much for this event, so he understands Eric’s perspective.
- [05:50] Tweet at Eric to give us your thoughts!
- [06:50] That’s it for today!
- [07:00] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1336, we chat about how AI will impact the future of digital marketing. Artificial intelligence is arguably the biggest looming area of modern technology and the future of this field of de...
In episode #1335, we share seven places that you should invest in as a digital marketer. Investing in people, branding, and education is almost always guaranteed to deliver an ROI. Tune in to hear why...
In episode #1334, we discuss seven common mistakes people tend to make when it comes to Facebook ads. Selling through your educational content is a better strategy than simply directing prospects to y...