In episode #933, we discuss whether you should coin your own marketing terms. Tune in to hear if you should create new terms in order to promote your business.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Should You Coin Your Own Terms For Marketing?
- [00:36] We have talked about this in the past. Our mutual friend, Brian Dean came up with the skyscraper technique.
- [01:12] Most people are coining hundreds of terms, but only a handful are taking off.
- [01:35] Neil would rather ride the coattails of a term, rather than inventing one.
- [02:04] Let someone else build the demand, while you go in and fill it.
- [03:11] It’s ok not to be the first-mover.
- [03:25] Drift invented the term “conversational marketing”, but Hubspot came up with the more popular “inbound marketing”.
- [04:12] Eric prefers Neil’s method to inventing his own terms.
- [04:21] That’s it for today!
- [04:25] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out our website and continue listening to our podcast for further details.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2415, we discuss whether newsletters are good businesses. Newsletters can be a great way to build an audience, as well as something you can charge subscribers for, but are they the best us...
In episode #2414, we talk about whether you should build or buy when it comes to talent in your company. There are arguments to be made for both routes to growing your company and its teams, and here ...
In episode #2413, we discuss how to take accountability for your marketing screwups. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what kind of marketing genius you are, you will screw up at some point. ...